Careers and Guidance
At Wyvern we believe a good programme of Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) has a positive impact on students – giving them the skills, knowledge, and understanding to manage their own life-long learning and career development specifically:
- To develop themselves and their aspirations through careers and work-related education
- To find out about careers and the world of work, building strong connections with employers
- To develop skills for career well-being and employability
Our whole school approach to careers is guided by the Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounter with employers and employees
- Experience of workplaces
- Encounters with further and high education
- Personal guidance
Full details of our work can be found in our Careers Policy.
Information for Post-16 providers
We are keen to develop links with local post-16 providers to give our students a wide variety of careers experiences throughout their five years at Wyvern.
Our Careers Evening, held annually in the autumn term, is an opportunity for universities, colleges, and other post-16 providers to meet students and discuss any suitable opportunities individually.
We also welcome visits from University staff to support us in our work to raise the aspirations of all our students.
If you, or your colleagues, would like to support us with this work or attend our Careers Evening, please contact our Careers Lead, Cath Gibbins firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on our careers program can be found here.