Ethos & Values
Wyvern Academy is committed to ensuring that all children reach and exceed their potential by:
- Providing the best possible education and experiences to develop the whole child during their time at the Academy
- Promoting self-discipline, self-confidence, motivation, aspiration, and excellence in learning to assist pupils to become independent and self-sufficient adults, who will succeed and contribute positively to their local and global communities
- Maximising student achievement through the effective use of teaching and learning facilities
- Offering an appropriate and relevant curriculum, responsive to the needs of all students
- Intending there will be no gaps between those children disadvantaged and the rest, either in attainment or opportunity
- Providing a welcoming environment based on trust and mutual respect, where students feel valued and feel like they belong
- Promoting equality and celebrate diversity
- Creating a safe, secure, and happy learning environment where children can achieve their full potential, both educationally and personally
- Creating a community where the values of truth, honesty, forgiveness, and reconciliation are lived and where there is special care for those most in need
- Working in partnership with families to ensure they are an integral part of their child’s education and build positive relationships with our families and the wider community
- Providing a diverse range of extra-curricular opportunities and experiences for all our students to maximise talents and develop creative and social skills
- Fostering the values of responsible citizenship in a democratic way through proving opportunities to exercise responsibility and leadership; making students aware of, and encouraging them to form views on a range of political, social, moral, and spiritual issues; encouraging students to understand and tolerate the views of others.
We enrich lives and inspire ambitions to ensure students thrive in the world around us. At Wyvern Academy we believe in the core values of:
Partnerships – Collaboration is the key to success. We work with the school community and the eight schools in our academy trust to ensure that we are actively embracing with knowledge and expertise so that we achieve our school’s vision.
Opportunity – Our school and Trust’s aim of “Enriching Lives, Inspiring Ambitions” applies to all members of our school community, with our inclusive approach delivering a breadth of opportunities to give each individual the chance to fulfil their potential and prosper.
People Centred – We whole-heartedly want the best for all members of our school community. Our culture is inclusive where everyone is treated with the highest level of respect. For example, our alignment of vision and values has involved the full consultation of students, staff and Parents or Carers.
As proudly part of Consilium Academies, we are committed to the following Equality Objectives:
- Embedding a strong data management system across the Trust, supporting each academy to monitor and analyse pupil achievement and progress by ethnicity, gender, and disability, and act on any trends or patterns in this data that identify the need for additional support for pupils with the aim of narrowing the gap for equality groups.
- Implementing a Trust-wide HR information system, ensuring that this incorporates the ability to provide robust reporting on and monitoring of equalities data.
- Through the use of peer networks across the Trust, ensuring that the PSHE curriculum across the Trust is broad and balanced, and provides students with a high-quality education surrounding equality and diversity.
- Planning systematically to improve our understanding and promotion of diversity, establishing an equality and diversity focus group to drive this aspect of our work and ensure that our equality and diversity practices are sector-leading.